Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Rethink: Making the Most Of Baby's Clothes

As a parent, you see your kids grow out of clothes and shoes so fast that you are hesitant to even buy the right size for fear that it wont fit by the time you get home from the store.

Recently, when the weather changed here in NYC, I was looking in Emma's closet at all of her adorable summer dresses knowing that by next summer she wont be able to fit into any of them. Then, this weekend, Jesse put Emma in a summer dress and a cardigan over because it was chilly outside. I saw it and thought "YOU LOOK SO CUTE! We can do this with all of your summer dresses." So now, every day, I put her in a cute summer dress, a cardigan and maybe leggings depending on how chilly it is.

The same rule applies to sandals (only if you are a little girl). If you get a cute pair of socks, maybe one with beads, your baby can wear sandals with socks through the fall (see picture above--Emma is very, very excited).

So, I just wanted to share my discovery with all of you moms out there. I now get so excited to dress her everyday and play with her outfits. You can get these baby cardigans from many stores. I got Emma's from Baby Gap. If you buy 2 or more, they are $11 each!

2 comments:

  1. Emma looks so adorable and fashionable in this picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hooked! Hopefully I can apply these techniques soon......

    ReplyDelete