Monday, October 4, 2010

Dear Scale...


Dear Scale,

I must write to you today because I feel you have let me down again. We have been through a lot, but no matter how hard I try, you always seem to make me feel bad about myself. I have been in relationships before, but nothing has ever been this inconsistent, unreliable and abusive as this one. Some days you are generous and make me feel good and somedays you are just downright mean. I try and try every day to make you treat me well--I do everything in my power. Sometimes it seems that the harder I try, worse you are to me. And if I slip up just once, you tell me horrible things that absolutely ruin my day.
But no matter how often I tell myself to just walk away from you, ignore you, hide you, or even throw you out the window, I just can't seem to let you go. And when I cry, you just sit there, blank and expressionless. You don't even care that I am sad. So, from this moment on, our relationship is over. Please don't show your face; it will just make things harder. I can't take this anymore.
Well, until I want you back.

Sincerely,
Melissa and Therese

2 comments:

  1. LOL!!! I love this post! I agree 100%! My scale was VERY mean to me yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no scales because at my fittest my scales say I am at my fattest! Ps I think your scales are just jealous!

    ReplyDelete